Maria Island in Style: Save 10%!
Pricing for Summer 2017 for two:
Standard pricing: $657 per person including GST
Package price: $590 per person including GST
Tasmania without Maria Island is like a Martini without ice. This unspoilt offshore paradise, with its teeming wildlife , pristine white sand beaches, fascinating convict past and (best of all) almost guaranteed absence of other human beings, is a 100 per cent Must See experience. But to see it in comfort and style – for that you need East Coast Cruises, and Brockley Estate at both ends.
Working with our good friends at East Coast Cruises, we can offer a two night package: a memorable meal and a really sound sleep at Brockley followed by a 9:30am start from Triabunna (just down the road) in the 900 horsepower Spirit of Maria . Instead of heading directly for the public jetty at Darlington, you cruise with dolphins, whales or seals round Mount Maria and in and out of otherwise inaccessible coves and sea caves before anchoring off one of several deserted beaches for lunch and a swim or snorkel.
And this is no everyday picnic: with Tasmanian smoked salmon, and Tasmanian produced specialities including superior East Coast wines, it is such an unforgettable outdoor gourmet experience.
Pausing at Darlington to explore the ruins of Italian eccentric Antonio Bernacchi’s grandiose but doomed experiment in 19th century high end tourism, you then head back to Brockley in time for sunset aperitifs on the verandah, followed by another of Vicky’s delicious dinners – and so to bed.
Interested? Our offer includes a 10 per cent discount on the package price, including two dinners, two breakfasts, quality Tasmanian wines and one of our superior bed chambers for both nights. As a celebration – honeymoon, second honeymoon, anniversary, significant birthday – what on Earth could be more special?
Includes for two people:
- 2 nights accommodation in the Marble Bedchamber at Brockley Estate with full breakfast both mornings – value $578
- 3 course traditional Spanish dinner at Brockley Estate both nights including local wine – value $296
- The full day cruise to Maria Island with East Coast cruises – value $440
- Cruise departs Triabunna marina at 9:30am and returns at 4:45pm
- Tour 1 – cruises to the Ile Des Phoques (Isle of Seals) – lunch served here
- Tour 2 – cruises to Reidle Bay, exploring the sea caves of Maria Island
- Tour 3 – is a full circumnavigation of Maria Island – lunch at Reidle Bay
- Each tour includes viewing the Painted Cliffs and Fossil Cliffs on Maria Island and a buffet lunch at anchor.
- Lunch extends over an hour and includes: Tasmanian smoked salmon, premium leg ham, cold roast chicken, freshly prepared salad, Tasmanian cheeses, dips, wraps and rolls as well as tea and coffee.
- A complimentary glass of local cool climate Darlington Pinot Noir or Sauvignon Blanc, or local sparkling wine or Tasmanian Boags Premium beer.
- Each cruise will return to Darlington at 2pm where guests will have 2 hours on the island to do what they like. A 45min guided tour of the Darlington convict precinct will be provided for those guests wanting to learn about its history. Guests can also wander off and explore some of the walking tracks around Darlington, relax on the beach, swim, snorkel or Kayak around the jetty.